Friday, May 29, 2009

Sleepless nights


When they were infants I didn't get sleep. In fact I really didn't get a good night sleep until the boys were around 5 yrs old. Both boys had night terrors. The oldest would wake in the night, screaming and come into our bed. I know, I know but we really needed the sleep. The youngest would wake up screaming, eyes glazed over and you couldn't get through to him, once you did he would sleep in his own bed -most nights. Our solution was to have them share a room. This seemed to work. The 50/50 rule. What ever was scaring them most likely would get the other one first. So finally a good nights sleep. What I never anticipated was what would happen when they are teenagers. I don't sleep. I have to wait up for them to come home. No more going to be at 10:30. Sometimes Jimmy will call and ask if he can stay at a friends for an extra 30 min to finish watching a movie. It is 11:30 at night, but how can I say no when he is being responsible. So back to sleepless nights and looking older than my years. GRRH>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment