Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gotcha!


Like any other parent I buy treats for my kids and for myself. I often hide my treats from my kids. I struggle with maintaining my weight so a while back I bought sugar free jujubes from the bulk barn. Tasty little numbers. One drawback eaten in reasonable quantity they cause tremendous GI upset- foul gas, bloating, stomach cramps and diarrhea. The cause is the sugar alcohol-sorbitol. I think you can guess where I am heading with this... Those sneaky little devils found them and had a little feast. Bobby was the culprit (14). He had a bad day at school. Apparently the girls moved their desks away from him.
I am giggling up a storm.... So maybe he has learned not to sneak my treats? And I have learned that there could be a market for preventing teenage sex and or pregnancy by putting sorbitol in my kids food.

No comments:

Post a Comment