Sunday, May 31, 2009

Condoms in the Yard


My aunt who is a pediatrician warned me that kids are having sex at a very young age now. 11-12 yrs old. I was told not to be naive with respect to my childrens activity.
I really believe that my boys are not having sex. There are no signs, not enough contact from girls, at home alot etc. Still.... time to have the talk again and condoms would be a good idea. So I went out to Costco and bought a mega size box of condoms. My husband disappeared to his office again with the comment "are you crazy?" I sat Jimmy down (this was when he was 13) and had the talk again. I re-emphasized that he cannot trust that a girl is taking precautions ie she could forget to take a pill etc. Then there is the issue of STD's. Yada, yada.. Then I produced the mega box of condoms. "Mom are you kidding me?" No, this is serious. I don't approve of sex so early in your life. I think that you need to really consider the emotional impact it has on a teenage girl and even if they say they are ready are they really?? Or are they going to be devastated when you break up if you have had sex. Anyway, the reality is that I want to be sure that you are protected. So here are condoms so you have access and by the way the expiry date is on the box 2017- So you don't have to start using these for a longtime!! Much to my suprise he beetled off with the box, I thought he would be embarrassed and refuse. Two days later I come home from work and my yard is filled with broken condoms. Apparently they were blowing them up and trying to make water balloons. Sigh of relief he was too young....

No comments:

Post a Comment