Saturday, May 30, 2009

The hot tub incident


Sleepover Night! Only 3 boys no big deal. They are in the basement playing games and watching movies. It is all very civilized. Until 2 am I wake up to a loud bang! I am a bit confused- am I hearing things. I hear another bang, from outside. I lie in bed and gather my thoughts. Then I decide I should check it out. I walk to the windows, I don't see anything. I walk to the stairs, I hear the boys in the kitchen. I yell down (not going down in my pjs if I have a choice) "you guys are still up?" Yes Mom, we are just getting a snack. No problem I go back to bed. The next morning they are sleeping in and I am puttering around cleaning up. What do I find- wet bathing suits and towels lying on the floor. Ah,Hah! The loud bang was the hot tub. Later I sit down with Jimmy and ask him about it. I figure he just went in with his friends. No, I am so naive. The girls were having a sleepover at another house and they all joined up in my hot tub!!! I think I am going to pass out. I also think I may never want to go in that hot tub again!!!
So we have a discussion, and a core part of that discussion included sex and safety. It also included safety for the girls- how did they get home??? My husband played possum for this discussion-holed up in his office

No comments:

Post a Comment